Why volunteer at Community Living Cambridge
Community Living Cambridge supports adults with developmental disabilities. To do that, hundreds of staff support people every day in residential and program settings. To help make these programs and services a success, CLC relies on caring, talented, and energetic volunteers from the Cambridge community. As a volunteer, you’ll know that your contributions help to improve the lives of adults with developmental disabilities.
What kind of volunteers do you need?
CLC needs many different types of volunteers throughout the year, but here are most common/needed roles:
- Help run exciting programs at the Franklin Centre Day Program as a Program Assistant – Monday to Friday, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 2:30pm)
- Be a part of raising much-needed funds for CLC as a Fundraising Support Volunteer – opportunities include the annual CLC Fashion Show, Bingo, and other special fundraising events
- Support special events like Sunday-Fundayz as a Special Event Activity Support Volunteer – volunteer opportunities happen throughout the year
- Volunteer one-to-one as a Leisure Buddy Volunteer – this is a flexible volunteer position based on the needs and interests of the participants
What are the benefits of volunteering at CLC?
Beyond knowing you’re making a difference, there are lots of great reasons to volunteer with Community Living Cambridge. Here are just a few:
- You’ll learn transferable work skills that will help you in school or future employment
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience what it’s like to work at CLC – a great snapshot for future employees
- You’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with participants staff and other volunteers,
- You’ll receive an invitation to the annual CLC volunteer appreciation event
I’m interested. How do I become a volunteer?
Contact Sandy Caple, our volunteer coordinator today!